We believe in the health and well being of every puppy that is advertised on our website. Our Keystone Certified Breeders are required to give a health guarantee. Here is an outline of the guarantee:
- The breeder shall provide you with a health record explaining what shots the puppy has had at the time of sale.
- To preserve your rights, you must take your newly purchased dog to a licensed veterinarian for examination within 10 days of purchase. If a veterinarian determines, within 10 days or purchase, that your dog is clinically ill or has died from an injury sustained or illness likely to have been contracted on or before the date of sale and delivery, you have the following options :
(a) Return the dog for a complete refund.
(b) Return the dog for a replacement dog equal value.
(c) Retain the dog and receive reimbursement for the veterinarian fees to make the puppy healthy, not exceeding the purchase price.
**These options do not apply where a seller, who has provided a health certificate issued by a veterinarian, discloses in writing at the time of sale the health problem for which the buyer later seeks reimbursement
or to return the dog.
- If, within 30 days of purchase, a licensed veterinarian determines that your dog has a congenital or hereditary defect which adversely affects the animals health or that your dog died from a congenital or hereditary defect, you have the same options as outlined in the above section.
- Within 2 business days of a veterinarians certification of your dogs illness, defect or death, you must notify the seller of the name, address and telephone number of the examining veterinarian. Failure to notify the seller within 2 business days will result in forfeiture of rights.
- Refunds or reimbursements shall be made no later than 14 days after the seller receives the veterinarian certification. Veterinarian certification shall be presented to the seller no later than 5 days after you receive it.
- Registerable Dogs – If the seller does not provide within 120 days, all documentation to effect registration, you may exercise one of the following options:
(a) Return the dog and receive a full refund of the purchase price.
(b) Retain the dog and receive a 50% refund of the purchase price.